Friday, June 11, 2010

Boise 70.3 Pre Race



This is my second day here in Boise and things are going great. Got some good pre-race workouts in and now it is time to hang out and get ready for the race. The race has not even started yet and I am already having a blast. I drove down with Dave Erickson, a local T.V. news anchor from Spokane who is not only covering the race but competing as well. This morning we got up early and headed out to lucky peak reservoir to get in a little swim, The water was a little cold (loose your manhood type cold), but one race day it really does not matter cause everyone has to deal with the temperature of the water. This is my first swim in my new Helix wetsuit , and it felt awesome! my confidence in breaking last years swim time just grew a little. Later in the day while out riding I saw an old rival from last year (Its a friendly rivalry) Matt Sheeks. I was riding in the opposite direction but once I saw Sheeks go by I quickly flipped a U turn. Last year at Lake Stevens 70.3 Matt passed me on the run, I passed him back, but with about 400 meters to go Matt returned the favor and beat me. He is racing Pro this year and after our ride is looking fit. My bike is all set up and ready to go, so for now I think I will go check out down town Boise, before I head out to the airport to pick up my dad.


If you want to check out some of the stuff Dave has been working on for the race, here are some videos. It is cool to follow Dave around while he interviews all the pros, and if he needs someone to hold the camera that is where my film shooting skills ( lack there of actually :) ) come into play.


Athlete Check in


Interviews with some of the Pro's
Chris Lieto


Craig Alexander


If you check out Dave's Blog covering his road to Boise you will find more videos leading into the race, more pro interviews, and a look at some of the race course.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Good luck Hosh!!! Have a great race and hope the leg holds up.