Monday, February 13, 2012

My supporters for 2012


I am excited for the 2012 season to start getting under way, but I would like to start the year by introducing you to the companies that support me. They make it possible for me to do what I do. The thing I love about my sponsors is that their products or services are all things that I used even before pursuing a relationship with them. If a company is listed on my blog or website it means that they have products that I use and believe in. If you ever have any questions about the products my sponsors make, don't hesitate to ask me. I promise I will give my honest opinion.

TrainingPeaks
After my 2011 season ended with an injury, I was forced to take a long break from training. During that break, I realized I needed to be more scientific in my approach to training. I needed to make sure that I am balancing all three sports, monitoring my fatigue, and making sure that I am not doing too much or too little. It was then I started looking to try out many different training logs. The one that stood out in every aspect was Training Peaks. Simply stated I love training peaks! It allows me to analyze pretty much every aspect of my training. The integration of all 3 sports and the compatibility with different training devices (Garmin, Timex, Power tap, etc) stands above the rest. I collect a lot of data during training (HR, power, Speed, Candace, pace, elevation etc.); their software not only helps you analyze all this data, but it helps you apply it towards future workouts. Covering more than just workouts, Training Peaks gives you the ability to track your diet, daily stress, fatigue, and many other factors. After using Training Peaks on my own for a while I decided to approach them. I am more than thrilled to be working with training peaks for 2012 and hope to keep working with them for a long time.



Blue Seventy
I wear Blue Seventy for some very simple reasons. Their products are very comfortable and very fast. Somehow they manage to lead the water in performance and still have some of the most comfortable equipment out there. In 2008, I did my first triathlon and raced in my first Blue Seventy wet suit. To this day, I still race in a blue seventy wetsuit and couldn’t be happier. I was even more excited when they released a line of triathlon apparel a couple years ago. In short I love their apparel! It does not matter if I am wearing their one piece kit or the two piece. They are very comfortable and very fast. I never worry that I am loosing time in my swims due to equipment, because I know Blue Seventy is the leader in swim performance.

Fitness Fanatics
Fitness Fanatics has been there for me since the day I began triathlons. Robin and her crew are always willing to go above and beyond to help anyone that walks in the door. They will not sell you a bike that does not fit or will not work for you. As a beginner triathlete, I had many questions (some smart and others not so smart) that the crew at Fitness Fanatics always happily answered. Their answers were always honest, even if that meant telling me I don’t need to buy a certain product that day. To this day, I still have lots of questions and their staff is still just as willing to help. I am very happy to be working with Fitness Fanatics.



TRX
Core and strength work is something that is very important to any athlete's training schedule; it has benefits no matter what sport you are participating in. I was introduced to TRX during one of my classes at EWU. At first, I was a bit skeptical of it but after doing my first 1 hour session of
TRX I knew it was something that I wanted to integrate into my own training. I love the fact that core stability is a huge emphasis even when doing strength based movements. Suspension training gives my core a workout that isn’t quite like anything else. It allows me to get in a quick but solid workout, helping spend my time more efficiently. Even my parents, who do not compete as athletes, are using it now. TRX is great for anyone and all levels of fitness. If you are not sure about it, just go give it a try.




Runner's Soul Spokane
Runner's Soul is where I work, and I would not be able to do what I do without them. Their willingness to work with my schedule goes above and beyond. There are not many employers that would give an athlete the flexibility that they give me. Training as a professional triathlete takes lots of time, but for most pro’s they still need a job to pay for things. Knowing I have flexibility takes quite a bit of stress out of my day. If you live in Spokane and need some running shoes you really should stop by.




GU
My introduction to long course triathlon was a giant bonk. It was my first half ironman and probably one of the hardest experiences I have ever had. I learned a big lesson that race on how important nutrition really is. It will make or break your race. Why do I use GU products? In a simple answer I use Gu products because they work for me. I have tried many different products and no matter what I try, I always come back to GU products. GU Energy has been a leader in nutrition for quite some time. They have set a standard that other companies try to keep up with, and continue to innovate at a pace faster than the rest.

No comments: