Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's good to be back!

After taking a break from the blogging world I am now back and ready for 2012. The 2011 season ended early due to a stress fracture in my foot, and shortly after that school started back up. During that time I took the longest break from training that I have ever taken. This gave me the opportunity to work much more than I normally do. The Goal this fall has been to save up as much money as I can, allowing me to have a race budget for the 2012 season.

Although a long break was not on the schedule, it has been very good for me. It has mentally and physically given me a refresher. Taking time off of something you love makes you realize how much you truly like doing it, and has caused me to take a step back and reflect on why I do this sport. It gave me a moment to look at where I am as an athlete and where I want to be in 2012.

My 2012 Racing Schedule is up and posted on my website.

2012 Goals
Every year I write goals. I feel they are very important in keeping me working towards a larger picture. Something I never do though is tell many people what my goals are. This year I have decided to something different. Here are my athletic goals for 2012.

Running

Break 14:45 in a 5k on the track

Break 1:08:00 in a half marathon

Triathlon

Break 27:00min in a half iron swim

Ride within 5% of the fastest bike split at a race

Have the fastest run split at every race I enter

Break into the top 5 at a larger race (Rev3, Ironman, wildflower)

Finish within 3% of winner

Race and Complete 5 half Ironmans

The only thing left now is lots of hard work, and no excuses.



No comments: