Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quick Update

Most people have already heard this, but for those who were wondering why I did not run Bloomsday (yes it was awhile ago) there is a reason why. The day after the spokane river run I took a spill on mybike. Yes I was riding slow, yes I was pretty much on flat ground with nothing around, and yes I quickly got up and looked around to make sure no one saw my stupid crash. Long story short, after going to the doctor I found out that I bruised my femur bone. It has been 3 and a half weeks since the crash and i still can't run a mile without pain setting in. I am going back to the doctor today to check and make sure that nothing else is going on besides the bruised bone.

Really where this puts me is with no excuses not to be in the pool and on my bike every day. In the long run it could be a good thing. Right now I hate not running and not being able to race. But with running being my stronger discipline of the 3 sports, I am confident that I can pick up my run fitness very quickly. So this time period will give me a chance to hopefully get much stronger in my cycling and swimming.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Hang in there, it will all work out. It's not really good for the rest of us though, if you get any faster in the water or on the bike;)

jessithompson said...

Fun to see you at the pool Hosh!